Davis Writers' Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative writers write creatively.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Writers' Academy This Year:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WA_Bandit
WA_Bandit

In Writers' Academy This Year: Empty
PostSubject: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:09 pm

As I have already brought up, we will be participating in NaNoWriMo and, hopefully, have a group together to go to LTUE (Feb. 19-21). However, I would also like to watch some videos with content that directly pertains to writing (like in Calculus when we watched Stand and Deliver).
As of right now, I have two that I think we should watch:
1. Finding Forrester (rated PG-13 for language and some sexual references)
2. Milagro (episode 18 of season 6 of The X-Files (contains some sexual 'references', disturbing imagery, and some gore))

I need to rewatch Finding Forrester to make sure it is as relevent as I think it is, and I need Mrs. H's ok, but I think we'll probably watch that. As far as Milagro...it's more of an example of what we, as writers, should not do (like stalk people...and other such things) - we probably won't watch that because, well, some people get their hearts taken out (although, really, it's not as bad as it sounds). I should probably rewatch that one, too....

Any other ideas from you peoples?
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:17 am

I agree with Finding Forrester. It's much more than writing, though. That movie is awesome.

Umm... Stranger Than Fiction? The Neverending Story (series)?
Back to top Go down
WA_Bandit
WA_Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:51 am

Hm...I haven't really seen The Neverending Story series, and I don't exactly know how I'd get a copy of any of the episodes. Do they have seasons of it out?
I agree with Stranger Than Fiction, although we'd have to skip that one scene....
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:10 pm

It's a trilogy, based (very loosely, in the later ones) on the book written by Michael Ende.
Mostly, it's about a boy who reads a wonderful book about a place called Fantasia, that's being devoured by the Nothing. Eventually, the boy becomes part of the story.
Back to top Go down
WA_Bandit
WA_Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh! Yeah! Ok...somehow when you said series I started thinking tv show....
Hm....
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:05 pm

(Actually, there WAS a TV series about it, but it was pretty bad, so I just ignored it's existence.)
Back to top Go down
Forgiven_Child

Forgiven_Child

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Wasn't it a cartoon of sorts?
Back to top Go down
Spejoku

Spejoku

Location : the land of killer chocolate bunnies, fighting the freedom war

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:00 am

knowing how horribly animated the later movies were, I wouldnt be surprised.

Anyway, I think we should have a book of the week and stuff, and a list of reccomended reading.
Back to top Go down
http://spejoku.deviantart.com
WA_Bandit
WA_Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Yes, and the Tuesday that the third Mistborn comes out should be a silent reading day - unless you're yelling over things you get mad at in the book. OR we could all go to Barnes and Noble and buy it! FIELD TRIP!
Back to top Go down
Spejoku

Spejoku

Location : the land of killer chocolate bunnies, fighting the freedom war

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:37 pm

FIELD TRIP!! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://spejoku.deviantart.com
Forgiven_Child

Forgiven_Child

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:11 pm

I may, perhaps, join in on NaNoWriMo as well, if that is alright.
Back to top Go down
WA_Bandit
WA_Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Do whatever you want, Forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Writers' Academy This Year:   In Writers' Academy This Year: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Writers' Academy This Year:
Page 1 of 1