Davis Writers' Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative writers write creatively.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redwall Vs. Humans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atoms
Admin
Atoms

Redwall Vs. Humans Empty
PostSubject: Redwall Vs. Humans   Redwall Vs. Humans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:56 am

This is a post I found on the RFF (Redwall Fan Fiction) Site. This is the link: The Link!

Anyway, I'm going to re-write it (hopefully) and I want to know if mine is better, or if this person's is.
Back to top Go down
https://dhwa.forumactif.com
Atoms
Admin
Atoms

Redwall Vs. Humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redwall Vs. Humans   Redwall Vs. Humans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Peering out, past the sands of the beaches, Ashwood Seastripe, the current residing Badger Lord, surveyed five ships. These weren't normal ships, made out of wood and rope, for they reflected the light somewhat. Hearing a knock at his stone door, he gruffly told whoever it is to come in.

"M'lord, the runners have returned." These were the only words that the hare, named Tivingston, could gasp out before he was consumed with gasping to get air into his lungs. Finally gaining his breath back, he also sputtered out, "Sire, the ships, they're made of pure metal!"

Of course, wood didn't glimmer like that, but...how did they float upon the water. Doesn't metal sink? Before he had time to collect his thoughts, another knock came at the door.

"Come in." His closest ally, Colonel Piddingsworth, strode in with an amazed look on his face. "What manner of creatures are these?"

"Sire, they be no known vermin, for they look nothing like any creature I've met. They have fur only on the tops of their heads and wear their robes quite tight-fitting. Some of them carry tubes with pieces of wood attached, I have no clue what these are used for."

"Strange, what use would these creatures have for metal tubes? Also, is it true that the ships are completely made of metal?"

"Yes Sire, could you imaging metal floating? Aye, but here they are floating before our eyes!" Ashwood thought for a moment.

"I'm unsure what these...creatures want, but I'm sure that we might be able to parley with them and see what they want, send one of your runners out and see if you can talk to these creatures." Tivingston ran back out of the door. After waiting for a few moments, he burst back in breathless.

"I sent one of our runners out to talk with them, but two steps after he exited the door, he fell down, dead. I'm unsure as to how this happened. As of this moment, he's still lying there. Everybeast is afraid to go outside."

"Fire the warning shot them." Covering his furry face in his hand, he wanted to know by what stroke of luck brought him to face these magic creatures. Hearing the catapult creak as it's throwing arm was pulled back, he peered through the window, just to see what happened.

There was a gigantic 'whoosh' as the catapult flew upward, releasing it's stony baggage. The ships started to turn and run parallel to the shore when the stone smashed into the side of one. After all the dust had settled, he saw that there was only a dent in the side of the boat and a few dead near it.

Yelling at the top of his voice through his window, he screamed, "Why have you come attack our peaceful mountain?"

In an amplified voice that sounded like none other, it spoke saying, "To claim this land for the U.S. Government. You are but animals and stand no chance against us."

"We will fight you until there be none left to draw breath, fiend!"

"If that is you wish, it shall come to pass. FIRE!" Suddenly the side of the mountain erupted into fire and collapsing rock. Any creature unlucky enough to be left outside when this happened died either a very quick, or horrible death.

"Sire, we must get you out of here, it is too dangerous!" Running out of the room, he heard the whole wall fall backword with an explosive shot. The tunnel started collapsing as a result of this weakening of the structure.

"Block all windows and doors, don't give them any targets to shoot at!" It became strangely quiet outside.

Twelve Hours Later

"Sire, they've come onto the beach, all of them carrying the tubes of fire!" There had been a few shots fired after the initial attack, but no major losses to either side. This had been the opportunity that they had been looking for.

"Get the troops ready," Ashwood declared, "We will charge them when they are close enough." It didn't take long enough for these creatures to in their way forward, pointing their firesticks at us.

"Ready, CHARGE!" The door burst open as Ashwood and hundreds of hares ran through the sand yelling "Eulaliaaaaa!" and "Give 'em Blood and Vinegar!" and other such phrases. At first, the creatures seemed to gain the advantage with thier firesticks deafening everybeast, but, as the creatures found out quickly enough, they weren't useful at close range. Once the two sides met, the creatures were getting slaughtered left and right.

"Retreat!" The creatures abandoned the obviously-lost battle and ran as fast as they could back to their miniature metal ships. The hares sped after them and started slaughtering the few they could reach.

All-in-all, it was a glorious victory for Salamandastron, but happiness in victory was always mingled with the mounring of the dead. One of the dead was the great Badger Lord, Ashwood Seastripe, being the first out the door took most of the attacks, but still he pushed on, until he met the enemy army before he fell down, suffering greatly. He died just as the creatures were retreating.

As the ships started to sail away with their greatly-reduced number of sailors, the soldiers started to bury their dead comrades. Few saw the rocket glide silently into the sky, and those that did see knew not what it was. It floated silently in the air above them before dropping in for a visit.

The few who saw what happened next wished they hadn't. Instantly, Salamadastron was demolished by an earth-shaking shockwave from the Nuclear Bomb. Any creatures within it's range died instantly, and those that didn't died slowly from it's effects of radiation and intense burns...
Back to top Go down
https://dhwa.forumactif.com

Redwall Vs. Humans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Davis Writers' Academy :: Writing Projects :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: